1. Paperback, hardback, audiobook?
Paperback! For reading anyway. I do love my special edition hardcovers! I read faster than people talk, so audiobooks lose my attention quickly.
2. Pick a genre, any genre!
Bit of a cop-out, but Sci-Fi/Fantasy. I couldn’t decide between them!
3. What is the first book you remember reading?
Remember? That’s a hard one. I think Gone with the Wind. I was in fourth grade – a bit out of my depth, but I was an ambitious reader even as a kid!
4. What book shaped your childhood most?
Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy. I love the imagination and humour of it!
5. When did you first start writing?
When I was a kid. I stopped for a while after grade school, then picked it up again in early 2020. And now here I am!
6. What made you want to write? Does it still hold true?
I just love telling stories. I also hope to spark people’s imagination!
7. What book/poem are you most proud of creating?
I think every book I work on becomes my favourite. I can see myself getting better.
8. Did you publish your first book or is it for your eyes only?
Nope. It was another novella – I may return to it for fun, but I have too many ideas I want to work on right now.
9. How many books/collections have you published so far?
One published, with the sequel coming soon, and a short novel following shortly after!
10. What genres do you write in (or hope to)?
Keeping in the Sci-Fi and Fantasy genres! My true loves!
11. Do you do research for your writing or is it all in your head?
Only a little. Most of my stories are fantastical, but I research when I need to. I have a science background, so I love to research anyways!
12. To plan, or not to plan your plot?
I plan super lightly. The largest outline I wrote was about 1000 words!
13. What route of publishing have you chosen? Do you plan to stick with it?
Self-publishing! I feel it’s the best route for me. I plan on staying that route.
14. If you could live inside another author’s universe, which one would you pick? (Ex: Middle Earth, Narnia, etc.)
Middle Earth. Tolkien’s universe is so close to my heart.
15. Do you currently have a WIP?
Oh yeah. It’s a more high fantasy style story, super excited to write about elves and dwarves and tree people and magic.
16. Tell me about the character you’ve created who is dearest to your heart.
The main character of my WIP. She’s a lot of fun to write!
17. What do you consider your *current* magnum opus?
My WIP. For now. I plan to always aim higher!
18. Do you have a favourite romance in your books? Or, if yours features no romance, tell us about your favourite character friendship!
Yup, once again, my WIP. It’s a crush at first sight enemies to lovers type thing.
19. Do you listen to music as you write? Recommend a favourite writing song.
Always! I always love music. Right now a great one for writing magical scenes is by Faun – Tamlin. I want to write a story that has the feel of that song!
20. Do you have any character art for your books, whether by you or another artist? (Be sure to credit/link if you can!)
Not yet! Hopefully soon!
21. If you could give one piece of advice to an aspiring author, what would it be?
Just write. Get started. Get excited! Once you get that first draft of your first story done, it means you finished a story! That’s huge.
22. Have you entered any writer contests? Tell us about your experience!
Just a flash fiction one. It was pretty easy to enter, and even though I didn’t win, still enjoyed getting that short piece ready for submission.
23. Who are your top 5-10 favourite writers?
J.R.R. Tolkien, Douglas Adams, Terry Pratchett, Saladin Ahmed, Kat Howard (I’ve only read an Unkindness of Magicians, but I loved it SO MUCH). I also recently read The Black Tides of Heaven by Neon Yang, which I also loved! I have memory issues (thanks brain!), so these are what I can think of now. There are definitely more!
24. Link us your book/twitter/goodreads or wherever we can best connect with you!