1. Paperback, hardback, audiobook?
2. Pick a genre, any genre!
I love mysteries.
3. What is the first book you remember reading?
Where the Wild Things Are.
4. What book shaped your childhood most?
Same book. I always had a vivid imagination as a child and Where the Wild Things Are always made me want to go on an adventure, but with my sister, not alone.
5. When did you first start writing?
I finished my first book in July 2020, but I’ve been writing since I was a kid. I used to write songs with my sister when we were in elementary school.
6. What made you want to write? Does it still hold true?
During the original lockdown for Covid, I started to get these vivid dreams. When I got kind of bored, I would write down those dreams. That was the first book I wrote. The second one I wrote was all about my father and how I thought he had a secret life. He didn’t, but, like I said, vivid imagination. I love to write and I make sure I do it every day. It makes me feel like I’m getting all of the stories out of my head – in a good way!
7. What book/poem are you most proud of creating?
One Way Out. My mom told me I should write a mystery about the Keys, and that was all it took. I dropped every other story and went all in on it. I now have 2 sequels to it, but it all started with that mystery/romance.
8. Did you publish your first book or is it for your eyes only?
9. How many books/collections have you published so far?
Just finished my eighth book.
10. What genres do you write in (or hope to)?
Primarily mystery/romance or romance.
11. Do you do research for your writing or is it all in your head?
Little of both. Google is your friend when you are missing a word or phrase, or you have to know how long it would take to get from Miami to Key West.
12. To plan, or not to plan your plot?
I know the idea for the beginning and the end. The rest of the story just comes to me as I write it.
13. What route of publishing have you chosen? Do you plan to stick with it?
I like Kindle Direct Publishing. I can create everything on my own. Maybe I’ll get discovered and someone will help me put the books together!
14. If you could live inside another author’s universe, which one would you pick? (Ex: Middle Earth, Narnia, etc.)
Janet Evanovich’s Stephanie Plum universe. Two gorgeous guys helping you solve crimes. Hello!!
15. Do you currently have a WIP?
I have three, but the one I will publish next is my Christmas book in my fictional town of Saddle Key.
16. Tell me about the character you’ve created who is dearest to your heart.
Elie Meyers from Niagara Falling is basically me. She’s an actress, so am I. She married an older man, me too. She has a big, loving family, yep that’s me, too. It was the reason why I waited a year to release this story. It was too close to me and I wasn’t sure I wanted to put myself out there.
17. What do you consider your *current* magnum opus?
My first book – Meet Virginia. It has so much in it from laughing to crying to loving and to loss. It’s also the longest book I’ve written so far.
18. Do you have a favourite romance in your books? Or, if yours features no romance, tell us about your favourite character friendship!
I love the characters of Allie and Mike in One Way Out. They were childhood sweethearts who parted after high school. He comes back to town to try and rekindle their relationship. I rooted for the two of them every chance I got. Plus, Mike has the most adorable little girl, Chloe, who steals Allie’s heart. They make a wonderful little family in the end.
19. Do you listen to music as you write? Recommend a favourite writing song.
Motown music always helps me write. Not sure why, though.
21. If you could give one piece of advice to an aspiring author, what would it be?
Just do it. Honestly. It may be scary at first, but it is so fulfilling once you finish your first book.
22. Have you entered any writer contests? Tell us about your experience!
None yet. I may, though.
23. Who are your top 5-10 favourite writers?
Janet Evanovich, James Patterson, Dan Brown, Adora Crooks, Weston Parker, Ali Parker.
24. Link us your book/twitter/goodreads or wherever we can best connect with you!